THE END DAYS
Biblical Prophecies On The Great Chastisement
- The Great Warning
- The Great Chastisement
- Go Back to The End Days Menu
The following quotations (in bold) are from the 1883 Douay-Rheims
Bible. Abbreviations of the bible books' titles: Abdias: Abd., Amos:
Amos, Apocalypse: Apoc., Ezechiel: Ez., Isaias: Isa., Jeremias: Jer.,
Joel: Joel, , Matthew: Matt., Sophonias: Soph.
- Isa. 34:4. And all the host of the heavens shall pine away,
the heavens shall be folded together as a book: and all their host
fall down as the leaf falleth from the vine, and from the fig tree.
- Apoc. 6:14. And the heaven departed as a book folded up. And
every mountain, and the islands, were moved out of their places.
- 13:4. The noise of a multitude in the mountains, as it were
of many people, the noise of the sound of kings, of nations gathered
together: the Lord of hosts hath given charge to the troops of war.
- 13:5. To them that come from a country afar off, from the
end of heaven: the Lord and the instruments of his wrath, to destroy
- 13:6. Howl ye, for the day of the Lord is near: it shall
come as a destruction from the Lord. (Note: The day of the Lord...
the time when he will execute justice upon sinners.)
- 13:7. Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every heart
of man shall melt,
- 13:8. And shall be broken. Gripings and pains, shall take
of them, they shall be in pain as a woman in labour. Every one shall be
amazed at his neighbour, their countenances shall be as faces burnt.
- 13:9. Behold, the day of the Lord
shall come, a cruel day, and full of indignation, and of wrath, and
to lay the land desolate, and to destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
- 13:10. For the stars of heaven, and their brightness shall
display their light: the sun shall be darkened
his rising, and the moon shall not shine with her light.
- 13:11. And I will visit the evils of the world, and against
wicked for their iniquity: and I will make the pride of infidels to
and will bring down the arrogancy of the mighty.
- 13:12. A man shall be more precious than gold, yea a man
than the finest of gold.
- 13:13. For this I will trouble the heaven: and the earth shall be moved out of her place, for
the indignation of the Lord of hosts, and for the day of his fierce
- 24:1. Behold the Lord shall lay waste
earth, and shall strip it, and shall afflict the face thereof,
scatter abroad the inhabitants thereof.
- 24:3. With desolation shall the earth
laid waste, and it shall be utterly spoiled: for the Lord hath
- 24:19. With breaking shall the earth be broken, with
crushing shall the earth be crushed, with trembling shall the earth be
- 24:20. With shaking shall the earth
be shaken as a drunken man, and shall be removed as the tent of
and the iniquity thereof shall be heavy upon it, and it shall fall, and
- 26:21. For behold the Lord will come out of his place, to
the iniquity of the inhabitant of the earth against him: and the earth
shall disclose her blood, and shall cover her slain no more.
- 50:3. I will clothe the heavens with
darkness, and will make sackcloth their covering.
- 63:2. Why then is thy apparel red, and thy garments like
that tread in the winepress?
- 63:3. I have trodden the winepress alone, and of the
Gentiles there is not a man with me: I have trampled on them in my
indignation, and have trodden them down in my wrath, and their blood is
sprinkled upon my garments, and I have stained all my apparel.
- 63:4. For the day of vengeance is in my heart, the year of
my redemption is come.
- 63:5. I looked about, and there was none to help: I sought,
there was none to give aid: and my own arm hath saved for me, and my
indignation itself hath helped me.
- 63:6. And I have trodden down the people in my wrath, and
made them drunk in my indignation, and have brought down their strength
to the earth.
- 66:15. For behold the Lord will come with fire, and his
chariots are like a whirlwind, to render his wrath in indignation, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
- 66:16. For the Lord shall judge by
fire, and by his sword unto all flesh, and the slain of the Lord
shall be many.
- 5:31. The noise is come even to the ends of the earth: for
the Lord entereth into judgment with the nations: he entereth into
all flesh; the wicked I have delivered up to the sword, saith the Lord.
- 25:32. Thus saith the Lord of hosts: Behold evil shall go
from nation to nation: and a great whirlwind shall go forth from the
of the earth.
- 25:33. And the slain of the Lord
at that day from one end of the earth even to the other end thereof:
they shall not be lamented, and they shall not be gathered up, nor
they shall lie as dung upon the face of the earth.
- 38:1. And the word of the Lord came to me, saying:
- 38:2. Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of
the chief prince of Mosoch and Thubal: and prophesy of him, Gog...
- 38:3. And say to him: Thus saith the Lord God: Behold, I
come against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Mosoch and Thubal.
- 38:4. And I will turn thee about, and I will put a bit in
thy jaws: and I will bring thee forth, and all thy army, horses and
horsemen all clothed with coats of mail, a great multitude, armed with
spears and shields and swords.
- 38:5. The Persians, Ethiopians, and Libyans with them, all
shields and helmets.
- 38:6. Gomer, and all his bands, the house of Thogorma, the
northern parts and all his strength, and many peoples with thee.
- 38:7. Prepare and make thyself ready, and all thy multitude
that is assembled about thee, and be thou commander over them.
- 38:8. After many days thou shalt be visited: at the end of
years thou shalt come to the land that is returned from the sword, and
is gathered out of many nations, to the mountains of Israel which have
been continually waste: but it hath been brought forth out of the
nations, and they shall
all of them dwell securely in it.
- 38:9. And thou shalt go up and come like a storm, and like
a cloud to cover the land, thou and all thy bands and many people with
- 38:10. Thus saith the Lord God: In that day projects shall
enter into thy heart, and thou shalt conceive a mischievous design.
- 38:11. And thou shalt say: I will go up to the land which
is without a wall, I will come to them that are at rest, and dwell
securely: all these dwell without a wall, they have no bars nor gates:
- 38:12. To take spoils, and lay hold on the prey, to lay thy
hand upon them that had been wasted, and afterwards restored, and upon
the people that is gathered together out of the nations, which hath
begun to possess and to dwell in the midst of the earth.
- 38:13. Saba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tharsis, and
all the lions thereof shall say to thee: Art thou come to take spoils?
behold, thou hast gathered thy multitude to take a prey, to take
silver, and gold, and to carry away goods and substance, and to take
- 38:14. Therefore, thou son of man, prophesy and say to Gog:
Thus saith the Lord God: Shalt thou not know, in that day, when my
Israel shall dwell securely?
- 38:15. And thou shalt come out of thy place from the
northern parts, thou and many people with thee, all of them riding upon
horses, a great
company and a mighty army.
- 38:16. And thou shalt come upon my people of Israel like a
cloud, to cover the earth. Thou shalt be in the latter days, and I will
bring thee upon my land: that the nations may know me, when I shall be
sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.
- 38:17.Thus saith the Lord God: Thou then art he, of whom I
spoken in the days of old, by my servants the prophets of Israel, who
prophesied in the days of those times that I would bring thee upon them.
- 38:18. And it shall come to pass in that day, in the day of
coming of Gog upon the land of Israel, saith the Lord God, that my
shall come up in my wrath.
- 38:19. And I have spoken in my zeal, and in the fire of my
anger, that in that day there shall be a great commotion upon the land
- 38:20. So that the fishes of the sea, and the birds of the
and the beasts of the field, and every creeping thing that creepeth
the ground, and all men that are upon the face of the earth, shall be
at my presence: and the mountains shall be
thrown down, and the hedges shall fall, and every wall shall fall to
- 38:21. And I will call in the sword against him in all my
mountains, saith the Lord God: every man's sword shall be pointed
against his brother.
- 38:22. And I will judge him with
pestilence, and with blood, and with violent rain, and vast hailstones:
I will rain fire and brimstone upon him, and upon his army, and upon
the many nations that are with him.
- 38:23. And I will be magnified, and I will be sanctified:
will be known in the eyes of many nations and they shall know that I am
- 39:21. And I will set my glory among the nations: and all
nations shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I
- 2:1. Blow ye the trumpet in Sion, sound an alarm in my holy
mountain, let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: because the day
of the Lord
cometh, because it is nigh at hand.
- 2:2. A day of darkness, and of
gloominess, a day of clouds and whirlwinds: a numerous and strong
people as the morning spread upon the mountains: the like to it hath
not been from the beginning, nor shall be after it, even to the years
of generation and generation.
- 2:3. Before the face thereof a
fire, and behind it a burning flame: the land is like a garden
pleasure before it, and behind it a desolate wilderness, neither is there any one that can escape it.
- 2:4. The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses,
they shall run like horsemen.
- 2:5. They shall leap like the noise of chariots upon the
tops of mountains, like the noise of a flame of fire devouring the
stubble, as a strong people prepared to battle.
- 2:6. At their presence the people shall be in grievous
pains: all faces shall be made like a kettle.
- 2:7. They shall run like valiant men: like men of war they
shall scale the wall: the men shall march every one on his way, and
not turn aside from their ranks.
- 2:8. No one shall press upon his brother: they shall walk
one in his path: yea, and they shall fall through the windows, and
take no harm.
- 2:9. They shall enter into the city: they shall run upon
the wall, they shall climb up the houses, they shall come in at the
windows, as a
- 2:10. At their presence the earth hath trembled, the
heavens are moved: the sun and moon are darkened, and the stars have
- 2:11. And the Lord hath uttered his voice before the face
of his army: for his armies are exceedingly great, for they are strong,
and execute his word: for the day of the Lord is great and very
terrible: and who can stand it?
- 2:31. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon
blood: before the great and dreadful day of the Lord doth come.
- 3:9. Proclaim ye this among the nations: Prepare war, raise
the strong: let them come, let all the men of war come up.
- 3:12. Let them arise, and let the nations come up into the
valley of Josaphat: for there I will sit to judge all nations round
- 3:14. Nations, nations in the valley
of destruction: for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of destruction.
- 3:15. The sun and the moon are
and the stars have withdrawn their shining.
- 5:20. Shall not the day of the Lord
be darkness, and not light: and obscurity, and no brightness in it?
- 1:15. For the day of the Lord
hand upon all nations: as thou hast done,
shall it be done to thee: he will turn thy reward upon thy own head.
- 1:14. The great day of the Lord
near, it is near and exceeding swift: the voice of the day of the Lord
bitter, the mighty man shall there meet with tribulation.
- 1:15. That day is a day of wrath, a
day of tribulation and distress, a day of calamity and misery, a day of
darkness and obscurity, a day of clouds and whirlwinds,
- 1:16. A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced
and against the high bulwarks.
- 1:17. And I will distress men, and they shall walk like
blind men, because they have sinned against the Lord: and their blood
shall be poured out as earth, and their bodies as dung.
- 1:18. Neither shall their silver and their gold be able to
deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord:
all the land shall be devoured by the fire
of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy destruction of
all them that dwell in the land.
- 24:21. For there shall be then great
tribulation, such as hath not been from the beginning of the
world until now, neither
- 24:22. And unless those days had been shortened, no flesh
should be saved: but for the sake of the elect those days shall be
- 24:29. And immediately after the tribulation of those days,
the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not
give her light and the stars shall fall from heaven and the powers of
heaven shall be moved.
- 6:12. And I saw, when he had opened the sixth seal: and
behold there was a great earthquake. And the sun
became black as sackcloth of hair: and the whole moon became as blood.
- 6:13. And the stars from heaven fell
the earth, as the fig tree casteth its green figs when it is
by a great wind.
- 6:17. For the great day of their wrath
is come. And who shall be able to stand?
- 14:14. And I saw: and behold a white cloud and upon the
cloud one sitting like to the Son of man, having on his head a crown of
gold and in his hand a sharp sickle.
- 14:15. And another angel came out from the temple, crying
a loud voice to him that sat upon the cloud: Thrust in thy sickle and
reap, because the hour is come to reap. For the harvest of the earth is
- 14:16. And he that sat on the cloud thrust his sickle into
earth: and the earth was reaped.
- 14:17. And another angel came out of the temple which is in
heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
- 14:18. And another angel came out from the altar, who had
over fire. And he cried with a loud voice to him that had the sharp
saying: Thrust in thy sharp sickle and gather the clusters of the
of the earth, because the grapes thereof are ripe.
- 14:19. And the angel thrust in his sharp sickle into the
and gathered the vineyard of the earth and cast it into the great press
of the wrath of God:
- 14:20. And the press was trodden without the city, and
blood came out of the press, up to the horses' bridles, for a thousand
and six hundred furlongs.
Go Back to Contents
"Who is like unto God?"
Created July 16, 1996.